It’s business as usual in General Practice We are truly amazed how responsible have been at staying home & keeping our community safe from coronavirus. We have seen an unexpected consequence being that people are accessing their GP less during the pandemic, possibly for fear of catching the virus itself in the clinic or…Read More
1 Murphys Way, Emerald, VIC 3782
03 5968 4622
Serving the Emerald Community
Our mission is to provide a fully equipped, patient-centred, General Practitioner-led, team-based environment in which a comprehensive, coordinated and integrated approach to wrap-around health and wellness support enables every member of our community to achieve optimal health.
- 8:30am - 8:00pm
- 8:30am - 12:30pm
Please note there is no Bulk Billing available after 6pm or on Saturdays
INFLUENZA VACCINE UPDATE
Vaccines are available for all patients as listed. Please ring the clinic to make an appointment.
Government funded 2020 influenza vaccine for people age 65 or older.
Government funded 2020 influenza vaccine, for people in the following groups listed:
- 6 months and over with certain medical conditions that increase their chance of severe influenza and complications
- Pregnant women
- Children aged 6 months to less than 5 years
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Private 2020 influenza vaccine. There is a cost of $20 if you do not meet the above criteria.
Influenza vaccines are replenished at unpredictable intervals, and due to the unprecedented demand for influenza vaccines we cannot be specific as to when we will receive more stock.
We will keep you updated on our website and facebook page. You can also ring the clinic for updates.
Telehealth is available for all patients
- When making an appointment by phone or online, you may choose or be directed by staff to make an appointment for a telephone consultation.
- You may also be directed to a telephone consultation if ringing for results or requesting a prescription.
- This is appropriate for any consultation where a hands on examination is not essential.
- It is essential that our records for your telephone numbers are accurate, and that you specify which number to call.
- Make sure that your phone is charged, and with you at the time of your appointment.
- Your doctor will ring you at the time of your appointment.
- Please be patient as doctors can be delayed despite their best attempts to run on time.
- Once you answer the consultation proceeds as normal.
- We will bulk bill these telephone consults if you fit the Medicare eligibility criteria. If not, you may be out of pocket $30.
- Prescriptions will usually be faxed, posted or both. They cannot be emailed yet
About Emerald Medical Centre
Dr. Ian (Spud) Mcleod Murphy was an old-style doctor who came to Emerald in the early 1950’s after a distinguished career in the Navy. He soon became the beloved affable GP most of the older people of the area remember as the first GP in the Hills. He established the Emerald Medical Centre in the old Post Office....Read More