IF YOU SUSPECT YOU MAY HAVE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19), PLEASE CALL THE DEDICATED HOTLINE ON 1800 675 398 OR ATTEND A DEDICATED COVID-19 SCREENING CLINIC. PLEASE KEEP TRIPLE ZERO FOR EMERGENCIES ONLY PLEASE RESPECT THAT AT EMERALD MEDICAL CENTRE WE ARE BEING CAREFUL ABOUT ALLOWING ENTRY OF ANY POTENTIAL NOVEL CORONAVIRUS CASES…Read More
1 Murphys Way, Emerald, VIC 3782
03 5968 4622
Serving the Emerald Community
Our mission is to provide a fully equipped, patient-centred, General Practitioner-led, team-based environment in which a comprehensive, coordinated and integrated approach to wrap-around health and wellness support enables every member of our community to achieve optimal health.
- 8:30am - 8:00pm
- 8:30am - 12:30pm
Please note there is no Bulk Billing available after 6pm or on Saturdays
INFLUENZA VACCINE UPDATE
Free 2020 influenza vaccine for people age 65 or older is available.
People in the following groups listed are eligible to receive the influenza vaccine for free. We have been advised that this will be released in April, and are expecting this after Easter.
- People aged 6 months and over with certain medical conditions that increase their chance of severe influenza and it complications
- Pregnant women
- Children aged 6 months to less than 5 years
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Our private 2020 influenza vaccine that we received has been depleted. We have additional stocks of vaccine on order, and awaiting delivery from our supplier. This is not expected until mid April.
Influenza vaccines are replenished at unpredictable intervals, and due to the unprecedented demand for influenza vaccines we cannot be more specific as to when we will receive more stock.
We will keep you undated on our website and facebook page. You can also ring the clinic for updates.
Telehealth will be available for all patients from Monday 30th March
- When making an appointment by phone or online, you may choose or be directed by staff to make an appointment for a telephone consultation.
- You may also be directed to a telephone consultation if ringing for results or requesting a prescription.
- This is appropriate for any consultation where a hands on examination is not essential.
- It is essential that our records for your telephone numbers are accurate, and that you specify which number to call.
- Make sure that your phone is charged, and with you at the time of your appointment.
- Your doctor will ring you at the time of your appointment.
- Please be patient as doctors can be delayed despite their best attempts to run on time.
- Once you answer the consultation proceeds as normal.
- Prescriptions will usually be faxed, posted or both. They cannot be emailed yet.
- These consultations will be bulk billed
About Emerald Medical Centre
Dr. Ian (Spud) Mcleod Murphy was an old-style doctor who came to Emerald in the early 1950’s after a distinguished career in the Navy. He soon became the beloved affable GP most of the older people of the area remember as the first GP in the Hills. He established the Emerald Medical Centre in the old Post Office....Read More